Back to School Film Campaign for Children in Africa
The Back to School Film Campaign advances the United Nations Millennium Development Goals (UNMDG), in particular Goal 2, which focuses on achieving universal primary education. The campaign uses video advocacy to report on various issues pertaining to progress towards achieving this goal, and the gaps that still remain.
Background on Girls' Education
After years of progress in increasing gender parity for education, recent data from the World Bank show declines in primary enrollment and progression to secondary school for girls in low and middle-income countries.
Tackling this disparity is a high priority for the international community, as evidenced by the Global Goals that explicitly call for gender equality in education and beyond. In addition, committed education practitioners are stepping in to address gender imbalances in education access and quality.
The Center for Education Innovations (CEI) has identified more than 110 programs working to expand provision and improve the quality of girls’ education.
Click below to read our Database-at-a-Glance report and find highlights from seven common approaches & characteristics across ECD models. Learn about programs focusing on:
1) Addressing cultural attitudes through community engagement
2) A strong emphasis on life skills
3) Accelerating curricula to boost access and attendance
4) Community-based learning centers or informal learning opportunities
5) Emphasizing Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM)
6) Ensuring safety inside and outside the classroom
7) Girl-friendly or gender sensitive teacher training