SoukTel Audio Libraries
Since 2010, SoukTel has provided audio content services to a variety of educational projects targeting low-literacy populations across the globe. For example, if a client runs an active learning training program, staff can record audio clips for reminder lessons on how to implement active learning strategies in the classroom. Parents can also call into a hotline to access pre-recorded content on family literacy activities and supporting their children's learning. This type of mobile service can help foster sustained content engagement and innovatively address the challenges of behavior c
Background on Fragile and Conflict-Affected States
The World Bank estimates that more than 1 billion people live in states affected by fragility and conflict. Children in these states face a number of unique challenges hindering their ability to learn, such as violence, trauma, or a lack of access to safe spaces. In response, many organizations are implementing programs targeted to those beset by conflict and uncertainty.
Reflective of the growing importance of education innovations in fragile and conflict- affected states, the Center for Education Innovations (CEI) has identified and profiled more than 50 programs around the world that have implemented creative solutions to support educational development in fragile and conflict- affected states.
Click below to read our Database-at-a-Glance report and find highlights from eight common approaches & characteristics across ECD models. Learn about programs focusing on:
1) Girls marginalized or threatened by conflict
2) Bolstering the teacher workforce through training and technical support
3) Building - or rebuilding - basic educational infrastructure
4) A comprehensive approach emphasizing students’ psychosocial and mental health
5) Vocational training to boost employability
6) Establishing community ownership of education
7) Focus on peace building and civic education for post-conflict society
8) Accelerated learning programs supporting the transition to formal education