The World Bank EdStats database is a comprehensive data and analysis source for key topics in education. The website compiles World Bank data and data from other national and international sources in one location.
- This Online Education Atlas presents thematic maps for selected education indicators. To see a map, select the indicator and desired year from the drop down menus, and then press “Go”.
- The World Bank Public Expenditure database module allows users to search for education expenditure data from World Bank public expenditure documents published between 2002 and 2011. This data is not internationally comparable because there is no standard method of calculation for many of the indicators in the database. Users should not compare this data across countries.
- The Education Projections module gives users easy access to projections of data on educational attainment, enrolment rates, primary completion, and gender parity. Projections can help to identify countries that are already on a path of adequate growth to reach targets like the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) from those countries where policy change is needed to accelerate growth.
- The Country Profiles module brings all of EdStats’ data and research on a selected country together into one webpage. The profile includes a variety of education indicators as well as information on country research resources, World Bank education projects, and country context.
- The Household Surveys module presents data on gender, income and geographic inequalities in education access, progression, attainment, and expenditures. The data were collected through three types of household surveys: Demographic and Health Surveys (DHS), Living Standards Measurement Study (LSMS), and Multiple Indicator Cluster Surveys (MICS).
- The EdStats Query holds over 2000 internationally-comparable education indicators from various sources for over 200 countries and regional/income group aggregates.
- "The State of Education" statistical analysis module, or the Data Visualizer, allows users to map and visualize selected data for their own purposes.