Anandadhara is an educational resource center aimed at helping underprivileged children in difficult circumstances in urban settings gain access to education from pre-primary to Std. 10. It ensures effective learning and helps children with personal and career development, along with social accountability.
The center functions as an educational resource and support for school-going children of urban slum communities to prevent dropouts and to ensure a participatory platform for children. It provides remedial coaching support for the students, computer education, and library facilities, and also developed a children's association for those who think and work on different social aspects of their community.
The program caters to dropouts and child laborers between 14 and 18 years old from poor, urban communities to develop them into skilled and productive young adults. The center enrolls them in open school education and provides coaching support for their open school learning through teaching spoken English, math, and other core subjects. It trains them in vocational training courses along with open school learning and is linked with the government-supported low-cost vocational courses. The organization is also affiliated with the National Council of Vocational Training (NCVT).
Click here to see full program profile
CEI approaches in action
The program utilizes volunteer-based action research to identify and target the poor.
- Anandadhara pre-primary and primary school were started in the year 2002.
- Anandadhara Karigori Shiksha Kendra started in 2006.
- The outreach center of Anandadhara opened in four slum areas in 2007.
- Anandadhara educational resource center began functioning in 2007.
- Children's platform, library, and back-up support began in 2008.
- Fifth outreach center opened in 2009.
- Student Council of Anandadhara around Anandadhara Karigori Shiksha Kendra developed in 2013.
- Preparing a monitoring and evaluation strategy
- Preparing for an external evaluation
- Preparing a plan for replication of the program
- Expanding in 10 outreach areas
Monitoring & Evaluation
The program is preparing a monitoring and evaluation strategy through workshops with the help of external agencies for external evaluation.
Parents of the children have understood the importance of quality education. The program has, to a certain degree, decreased the amount of school dropouts and child labor.