With more than 40 years' of experience delivering education services worldwide, CfBT Education Trust exists solely to provide education for public benefit. Teaching and learning are the essence of what CfBT does and the trust employs more than 2,000 staff around the world designing and delivering services. CfBT staff support educational reform, teach, advise, research and train. CfBT believes in the power of education to help individuals to fulfil their potential and benefit society. In conducting this, the following values are embedded:
- Excellence in learning outcomes, people and solutions.
- Integrity in the way we build trust and bring purpose to our work as an education charity.
- Accountability through rigorous and transparent performance assessments.
- Collaboration in working together across teams and in partnership with our clients to build capacity and sustainability .
CfBT is committed to sector wide initiatives. In the field of international education this includes:
- Extending the evidence base in education through the freely available Evidence for Education (EfE) research program.
- Managing the UKFIET conference, the UK’s leading biennial conference on international education and training held at The University of Oxford.
- A wide range of advice, design, evaluation, implementation, and management activities covering:
- Support for educational reforms in fragile states and post conflict countries.
- Advising on and designing, managing and evaluating public private partnerships.
- Infrastructure modernization programs.
- Inspection and assessment services.
- Accreditation, self-evaluation and school improvement support for international schools.
- Adult basic skills programs.
- Strategy and policy.
- Language support programs.